Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly won't update

Solved!

Discover weekly won't update

Hello, I have an issue of Discover Weekly feature not updating for the 4th week in a row. I have followed all your advice on this board but the issue persists. I don't know how to solve the issue. I have listened to the last playlist a lot the first week it came out since there are some great songs there, but now I'd like an update since the most valuable feature on Spotify for me is Discover Weekly.

I'm on a free plan, country: Serbia (but before the service was active I was on UK VPN), listening from my laptop, the operating system is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro.

Any help is appreciated, 

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I just got conformation from SpotifyCares twitter account, that Discover Weekly wasn't supported in our region so that is reason for not working/updating 😞

View solution in original post

2020-08-24 10_30_33-Window.png
7 Replies

I have similar problem. DW playlist wasn't updated for second week now. Problem started when I changed countries. I have premium account for two years now, but I was using Italian card as Spotify was not available in Serbia until end of July 2020.

I should add that "Your Daily Mixes" are updating regularly, and I also followed all steps in post that OP linked to. 

Hope this can be resolved.
Thanks in advance.

2020-08-17 10_23_20-Window.png
Marked as solution

I just got conformation from SpotifyCares twitter account, that Discover Weekly wasn't supported in our region so that is reason for not working/updating 😞

2020-08-24 10_30_33-Window.png

Thank you for clearing this up! However, this is ridiculous. Literally every other "Just for me" playlist has been updating regularly, daily mixes, Release radar, everything else, but the best feature on Spotify isn't just because of the location??? I have been using Spotify for 7 years now (first in Sweden and now in Serbia via Swedish VPN) and if this is not solved, I might just cancel Premium and go back to the VPN solution. Utterly disappointed.

Thank you so much for this info. I returned my profile to be the UK, and Discovery Weekly is, here again, updated. 😄 I guess they won't see many premium accounts from Serbia.

You should listen to more indie artist because spotify has an algorithm which plays music according to what you play meaning, genre, tone , and tempo. If anything try to rely on a playlist because profile plays shuffle random music which leads to songs you might not want to hear. Check out this New Upcoming Artist Suavee Finesse he may fit your standards.

After a long wait, my Discover Weekly has updated this week! I still have premium set for Serbia (no VPN) so it seems to be fixed now 🙂 Please do try and tell me if you notice the same!

Yup, it updated yesterday 🤓

Suggested posts