Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dislike songs

Dislike songs

I played a song from Frozen once for my kids and now my personalized playlists are loaded with 80% frozen songs.  I have no way to tell spotify I don't like this album.  I even went into the mobile app and blocked every single artist in the album.  But they still show up in everything!! 

Looking at the post history this has been a problem since the day spotify started, but spotify refuses to do anything about.  I think I need to create a new account.  How do I import all of my playlists and likes songs over to a new account?

3 Replies

Hey there, 

Indeed it is unfortunate that you can't dislike songs. After a little search, I found that you can drag and drop your saved playlists from the Spotify client onto your desktop, log in to the new account and drag them in there. As for liked songs, I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a possibility to transfer those. Before deleting your old account, I would make my new account with another email and only delete the old account and change your new accounts mail after everything has worked.

I can't really find the specific idea I was looking for anymore, but just today or yesterday, I saw an idea about this very thing. I recommend looking for ideas related to fixing problems you encountered and liking these ideas.

Anyways, good luck and have a nice week.

Hey @pixelrebel

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you'd like to transfer your music to the new account, you can follow the steps provided here

Keep in mind that you'll need a different email address to create a new account, at least temporarily, because it might take up to 30 days to close your account permanently and free the email associated with it. 

More info on how to cancel and close your account can be found here

If you want to play something but you don't want it to influence your recommendations, I'd recommend switching on Private Session

In addition, here are some ideas that you might like:

If that's something that you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic. That way you'll be notified with all the future updates on the particular idea. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

This. That's the idea I couldn't find.

Suggested posts