Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display Name not Shown with Link

Display Name not Shown with Link

I do not like my real name (from Facebook) showing when I share playlist links with people in other social groups, so I found where I could change the 'Display Name' in Spotify. It only partially works. The display name shows on my literal profile, but not in the app/program, and it still shows my real name in the display when I share links in Discord. I've checked this on mobile and in the desktop programs for discord too. It's the same playlist displayed two different ways, shown below.

---Shows my actual name, pulled from Facebook ----

MyrddinDerwydd_2-1614399964990.png

---Shows my display name correctly in the desktop program and on mobile app---

MyrddinDerwydd_1-1614399907609.png

3 Replies

I appreciate all of the links, even if none actually address the issue directly. I think disconnecting Facebook might have worked, but it's messy. I can't believe that "well just create a new Spotify account" is considered a valid solution to that issue.

To the positive, this seems to have resolved with time. I'm not sure it took a while for the display name to populate into the linked items, but it did. I really wish there was a way to simply create a normal username and password and disconnect "Login with Facebook."  

MyrddinDerwydd_0-1614480759942.png

Hey there @MyrddinDerwydd,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

We're glad to know it was sorted out for you. We want to clarify that when you change your display name, it might take a few days to be completely updated.

If your account was created through Facebook, it's not possible to disconnect your Facebook profile from your Spotify account on your end. However, you can set a password using the email address registered in your account here so you can log in using your email address and password instead of the Continue with Facebook option.

If you'd like to completely unlink your Facebook profile from your Spotify account, you can get in touch with our Support team here so they can give you a hand with it.

We hope this helps. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Have a good one 🙂

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts