Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name Spotify in numbers: front and last name an option?

Display name Spotify in numbers: front and last name an option?

Hi there!

When I created my Spotify account decades ago, I created it with my Facebook account. When I deleted my Facebook profile, my Spotify account didn't display my front and last name anymore, but a bunch of (random?) numbers.

Is it possible to get my front and last name visible again in my profile? I know you can't change your account name, but maybe there is something possible in the display / profile name? Friends can't search me anymore in Spotify and it looks just kinda stupid.

I've tried the option to connect my (new) Facebook account again, but it doesn't even show the "connect with Facebook" button anymore. If I try another account (my boyfriends for example), this option does appear. Weird right?

Any hope left for my account? I know I can create a new one, but it kinda sucks that I can't seem to fix it in my existing account 😉

Thanks for the help guys!

Kinds regards,

Sharon

Plan

Free (but want to go Premium if I can fix this problem lol)

Country

Netherlands 

Device

LG G5

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed

Unfortunately you would have to use the same Facebook account that you originally registered with. Both your (old) Facebook account and Spotify account are tied together so its forever going to use the same information that your (old) Facebook account had. To avoid this problem in the future i would create a Spotify account without Facebook being connected to your Spotify account. On the bright side you could contact Online Spotify Support and have them transfer your playlist to your new account.

Happy Listening

Keanu_C

Suggested posts