Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name and profile picture have disappeared from profile

Solved!

Display name and profile picture have disappeared from profile

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

PC, OnePlus 6, iPad

Operating System

Windows 10/Android 9

My Question or Issue

My account is connected with Facebook. However about a week ago my display name and profile picture have disappeared and now shows up as numbers(/id). This is cross platform, so not just one of my devices. Even on the spotify website it shows up as numbers at the moment.

Common solutions like logging out and in again all don't work, so I'm guessing it's server side. I also didn't change anything to any of my accounts myself either.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @RME, let's try some more things 🙂

This might have something to do with your privacy settings. Make sure that you haven't disabled Facebook data processing from your privacy settings:  https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

If it's disabled, enable that option (should be green). The change may take up to 48 hours. We suggest that you log out from both Facebook and Spotify and back in every now and then for the change to synchronize. 

Let us know how it goes 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @RME, help's hear. 

Have you tried connecting your Facebook account to your Spotify account? You can do so from the app's settings. Check out these steps.

If it appears that your Facebook profile is already connected, disconnect it, restart the app, and connect it again. 

Keep in mind that it can take up to 48 hours for the changes to be visible.

Hey @Jemi,

Unfortunatly this didn't seem to help. The "connect to facebook" button also just reappears after tapping it in the Android app. On the desktop app there isn't any Facebook related settings under the Social heading.

I have the feeling this has to do with my facebook and spotify email adresses being out of sync. They're (according to the account page) still connected, but the email displayed there is different than the one I log in to Facebook with.

I hope we can resolve this.

Regards,

RME

Marked as solution

Hey again @RME, let's try some more things 🙂

This might have something to do with your privacy settings. Make sure that you haven't disabled Facebook data processing from your privacy settings:  https://www.spotify.com/account/privacy/

If it's disabled, enable that option (should be green). The change may take up to 48 hours. We suggest that you log out from both Facebook and Spotify and back in every now and then for the change to synchronize. 

Hey Jemi, thank you very much for the help. This indeed turned out the be the issue, and now after re-enabling the setting my profile shwos up fine again. I probably accidentally turned it off at some point haha.

On a side note I was wondering though if I can change my email on my account. The email it has right now doesn't exist anymore, but it tells me to go to Facebook to change that. Even though on Facebook this is already changed.

Hopefully you can help me with that issue as well

Hey @RME.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Now that you updated your privacy settings, the email address will be updated in your account. Keep in mind it can take up to 48 hours before all changes take effect.

Hope it will work 🙂 Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day!

Hey Guido,

Unfortunately this isn't true. I updated my email on Facebook over 6 months ago. The privacy settings got disabled only a couple of weeks ago. The email addres never synced before and hasn't either now.

Hey again @RME,

In that case, and if your we suggest that you get in touch with the support team to help you get your details updated. This is because of a recent security update which makes some changes on a Facebook-created Spotify account unavailable. 

Hope that helps 🙂

Suggested posts