Display name and profile picture

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 8

My Question or Issue:

As of today my account has been hacked. I was talking to someone from customer support for the last hour getting my email and password reset to my own. After they had successfully done that, I logged back in on both my iPhone and my computer. Both were successful at getting me logged in, but the profile picture and display name that they hacker had set is still there and I am not able to find a way to change them on either my phone or my computer. I have also been on the spotify help services, doing everything it has told me to do. Nothing has worked. It is so frustrating because it makes me want to create a new account but the account that I have is my only one, which has like 6 years of music and a years worth of money invested in it.

Does anyone have a way to change these?

1 Reply

Hey there,

So you told us that you followed all the steps given, so I'm assuming you already know this and this page. Now the thing is, that as you may see, you can only edit your profile picture on Android and desktop, and you can only change your display name on Android. Maybe you can ask a friend or family member if you can use their android device to log into Spotify and change it there.

I hope this helped, and I wish you a great day.

Suggested posts