Display name change

Solved!

Display name change

cherry7
Casual Listener

Hello, 

I imagine this gets asked a lot but I couldn't find an answer so I'll ask myself. I have been using a free Spotify free plan for a while now and I really want to change my display name. However, when i go into my account to do it, the option "Edit Profile" isn't available to me. Is there any way i could fix this or perhaps another way I could change my display name?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Display name change

Alex

Hi there @cherry7,

It's only possible to change your Display name on Mobile at the moment.

Go to Home> Settings >Tap View profile > Tap EDIT PROFILE > Tap your display name to change it > Tap Save.

If you don't see this option try running a clean reinstall of the app. Follow exactly the steps from this Spotify Guide to assure everything is set up properly. If you still can't see the option after that send us some screenshots of how your View profile looks in the Mobile app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

View solution in original post

3 Replies

OneByBoo
Rock Star 19
Rock Star 19

Hi there @cherry7,

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please provide the following :

- Type of device in use

- Is your account Facebook based or email

In the meanwhile, please make sure to try out the steps provided here if you haven't already.

Waiting on your update 🙂

OneByBooRock Star 19
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

cherry7
Casual Listener
Hi!
Thanks you for the quick response
I am using an Android phone, but I'm facing the same problem on my Windows laptop as well. My account is email based, I've never linked it to Facebook.
Solution!

Alex

Hi there @cherry7,

It's only possible to change your Display name on Mobile at the moment.

Go to Home> Settings >Tap View profile > Tap EDIT PROFILE > Tap your display name to change it > Tap Save.

If you don't see this option try running a clean reinstall of the app. Follow exactly the steps from this Spotify Guide to assure everything is set up properly. If you still can't see the option after that send us some screenshots of how your View profile looks in the Mobile app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS