Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name change

Solved!

Display name change

Hello, 

I imagine this gets asked a lot but I couldn't find an answer so I'll ask myself. I have been using a free Spotify free plan for a while now and I really want to change my display name. However, when i go into my account to do it, the option "Edit Profile" isn't available to me. Is there any way i could fix this or perhaps another way I could change my display name?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @cherry7,

It's only possible to change your Display name on Mobile at the moment.

Go to Home> Settings >Tap View profile > Tap EDIT PROFILE > Tap your display name to change it > Tap Save.

If you don't see this option try running a clean reinstall of the app. Follow exactly the steps from this Spotify Guide to assure everything is set up properly. If you still can't see the option after that send us some screenshots of how your View profile looks in the Mobile app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @cherry7,

thanks for reaching out !

Could you please provide the following :

- Type of device in use

- Is your account Facebook based or email

In the meanwhile, please make sure to try out the steps provided here if you haven't already.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hi!
Thanks you for the quick response
I am using an Android phone, but I'm facing the same problem on my Windows laptop as well. My account is email based, I've never linked it to Facebook.
Marked as solution

Hi there @cherry7,

It's only possible to change your Display name on Mobile at the moment.

Go to Home> Settings >Tap View profile > Tap EDIT PROFILE > Tap your display name to change it > Tap Save.

If you don't see this option try running a clean reinstall of the app. Follow exactly the steps from this Spotify Guide to assure everything is set up properly. If you still can't see the option after that send us some screenshots of how your View profile looks in the Mobile app.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts