Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name not showing or something

Display name not showing or something

So I just made an account like, 5 minutes ago with my email and set a display name as sleepyeevee. It completely ignored that name and gave me the garble username that can't be changed. I can't even look at my display name it's like I don't have one even though I clearly typed in what I wanted. Now my friend sees me as the spammed letter and numbers and the playlist created by me is the strange garble too. This is super infuriating because now I have to use my other email to make another account and risk this happening again, and if it does I have to wait for both to be deleted. I just, want a name

Screenshot_20191014-192209_Spotify.jpg
6 Replies

Hey!

Maybe you just have to wait a little bit more for your account to set up and whatnot.

You also need to plug your phone in cause it's about to die.

RIP (just in case)

Maybe try to log out and back in. I believe that the weird numbers and letters are some underlying ID you're not supposed to see

hope it helps!

So to finish the saga to this abomination of a post, yes my phone did die. I did try logging out and waiting but it didn't work and I ended up having to delete the account and make another using the website and not the app 😛

Oh okay!

Hope that's a suitable solution 😆

Happy listening Eevee

Hi There

Just so you didnt know you can reuse the same email address if you have deleted your old account. 

Cheers 

Hello! Do you meant, in the computer/ desktop version your wish display name was accepted? Thanks in advance for the answer! 

Suggested posts