Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Display name not showing up in top right after changing it

Solved!

Display name not showing up in top right after changing it

I recently changed my display name and now my display name is not showing up in the top right. Instead, it is my automatically generated username comprised of random numbers and letters (I'm aware that Spotify gives users a random username so I've seen this username before, it just didn't used to show up there).

When viewing my profile my new display name will show, but in the top right of the home screen (next to the upgrade button) my random username is used. 

My previous display name (before the change) would always show up in the top right, but now it does not show up.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Kay_785

thanks for reaching out !

The string of numbers shown after the change might get changed in the next few days to the new display name you chose.

Important to mention that it is internal only, that means that users are seeing the chosen display name and not the string of numbers.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Kay_785

thanks for reaching out !

The string of numbers shown after the change might get changed in the next few days to the new display name you chose.

Important to mention that it is internal only, that means that users are seeing the chosen display name and not the string of numbers.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Suggested posts