NEXT STEP

Display name suddenly changed to random numbers

Display name suddenly changed to random numbers

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

My Question or Issue

Yesterday my username displayed as what it has been for months; "Matt." Today my name suddenly became a keyboard slam, theres no option to change anything and I definitely didn't do anything to change it to what it is. Theres no reason it should have changed when it was fine before. Help??

3 Replies

Hey there @Huntmatthis

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts. This way you'll keep track of all possible accounts you might have created with Spotify. 

It's also a good idea to check out this Spotify Answer. Here you can find more help on the issue you're experiencing. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

This answer didn't help - I followed all the steps and my display name is still random numbers.

Hey @jas1998,

Thanks for the post.

There is a difference between your default Username and your Display name.

- The Username is a randomly generated string of letters and numbers, which every Spotify account has. This is created automatically by the system when you make a new account and it's used for identification purposes, since there are millions of Spotify profiles active.

- The Display name is a name which you can set on your account. This is what your friends and followers see when they open your profile. 

You can follow this guide to set up your Display name.

Let me know if you need help with this.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts