Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ditch this account

Ditch this account

Help,

When I first came to browse this site and set up an account, I decided against doing so because I did not want to link to facebook.  Unbeknowst to me, an account was set up without my approval, linked to facebook, and there is no obvious mechanism for termination.

I have been forced to join this site and wish to terminate my account.  I have already contacted customer service and so far no one has replied.

I am more than a little upset with the unethical practices of this site, and demand to be released from this account. 

5 Replies

Hi there,

We wouldn't create an account without your permission. Don't worry, it's easy enough to delete. Just drop an email over here.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam,

I distinctly remember backing off of the sign in process because I didn't want to link to facebook, and then finding through email that it had aleady happened.

A bit tricky on the part of Spotify, considering it is a virtual nightmare trying to disengage from this site.  

Yes, I have already done the email thing, four times, once with the complete user name, d.o.b. and zip code. 

And I read that I can change my settings, but readers, beware, the settings are to be changed in Facebook Privacy Setings, not here, on this site. And if you log back into this site, it will automatically change those settings back to enable the link on Facebook.

What a horror show you are running here, but not to worry, it is only a matter of time before a security-consious public gives you the shaft you deserve. 

As your account was created through your Facebook account, it will share some details with it, yes. This is to set up a login, make sure you're eligible for a Spotify account and to check which country you're in. So you get the correct music catalogue. It's all very innocent.

I've just deleted your account for you. Really hope you let us try and impress you sometime in the future.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

You do realize it's your fault for making the sign-up process so confusing in the first place?

Here is a screenshot of the sign up page while the user is logged in to Facebook. What happened here is that the user must have clicked the blue Register button, thinking that it would create a new Spotify account with a username and password but instead it just connected the Facebook account to Spotify. The sign up page is deliberately made to mislead the user and it's not a very nice thing to do.

It's not my fault, no. I'm only here to try and help, Stupify.

Anyway, the issue is sorted. I'm locking the thread before it heads off-topic.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts