Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do Libspotify APIs support running different trackls on different devices simultaneously

Do Libspotify APIs support running different trackls on different devices simultaneously

We are planning to develop a mobile app using libspotify to integrate Spotify. There will be multiple devices with this app across multiple store locations. The idea is to have customers request song from any of these devices and it will queue up to play next in a store location. Do Spotify APIs support this (playing different tracks across different stores at the same time). For this do we need multiple accounts (one per Store) with Spotify. Please advise on best way we can integrate this.

2 Replies

Hi. Spotify is only licensed for non-commercial use so I'd suggest you use this contact form to get in touch with spotify directly to see what can be worked out.

To my knowledge spotify will only ever let you have 1 stream open at any given time (just like in the Spotify apps, starting playback on another devices pauses the first one), but as Joe said the Spotify teams are the best ones to ask! Also to my knowledge those accounts would all need to be premium to use the libspotify package. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts