Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do not want public profile.

Solved!

Do not want public profile.

I recently discovered, while googling myself, that I have a public spotify-profile with my profile picture from Facebook. I may at one point have connected my spotify-account with facebook, but have since removed the connection, but appearently Spotify still accesses my pictures.

How do I make my Spotify unpublic, and how do I remove the connection to facebook? Spotify is a great tool for listening too music, but I have no interest in having a public profile. There should be an easy way to disable this.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Seems you had a half-deleted account created through Facebook. I've now deleted that entirely. But just a heads up - it may take a while for our system itself and the Google indexes to update themselves

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Woah, this really, really sucks. I like sharing music with my friends on Facebook, but I have no interest in waving around my real name + nick combo on the internet for everyone to see. Surely Spotify could change this quite easily, only showing the nickname on the public profile page?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Seems you had a half-deleted account created through Facebook. I've now deleted that entirely. But just a heads up - it may take a while for our system itself and the Google indexes to update themselves

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

I as well don't want a public profile. It's indexed in Google with my full name as well as a handle I use on the Internet

Please help.

@pad wrote:

I as well don't want a public profile. It's indexed in Google with my full name as well as a handle I use on the Internet

Please help.

Hey 🙂 

There is no way not to have a Spotify public profile I'm afraid, you can set it so none of your playlists are visible but your profile will always exist. If you don't want it to show your real name, you need to disconnect from Facebook. Instructions on how to do so depending on your account type is here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Woah, this really, really sucks. I like sharing music with my friends on Facebook, but I have no interest in waving around my real name + nick combo on the internet for everyone to see. Surely Spotify could change this quite easily, only showing the nickname on the public profile page?

Hi!

I like the facebook connection feature with friends, but really don't want a public profile connecting my real name to my old e-nick. Will it be possible to turn off public profiles soon, or will I need to remove the FB-integration?

I doubt it @asdfaqqwerqwer , its been that way for so long. 

If you want to migrate over to a non-Facebook account, there is a handy tutorial here. Unfortunately even if you have a Spotify username style account (non-Facebook), if you connect that account to Facebook (the difference being you can choose to connect/disconnect from Facebook) then your profile will display your real name and profile picture. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

How do I stop my account/playlists coming up when I google my name? I’m not connected to Facebook...

Suggested posts