Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Do online gift cards account for regions they are bought in and activated?

Solved!

Do online gift cards account for regions they are bought in and activated?

I am planning to buy an online gift card for Premium to my friend. My only concern is about the region. I am currently in Spain, but my account is registered in Czech Republic. A friend to whom I want to make a gift also lives in Czech Republic, but is currently in Spain as well. Do the online Premium gift card codes account for countries they are bought in and where they can be activated? I'm afraid that I will buy a code for a friend who will activate it in Spain, but then would not be able to use Premium back in Czech Republic. The reason for online gift cards is to send over long distances, but this question still concerns me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@sanzhar_g

Yes, that should work since it's the same country.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

@sanzhar_g

You are right. Gift card codes only work for accounts which reside in the same country from where they were bought.

If you use a Spanish payment method, only spanish accounts can use the code you bought.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thank you for the reply, but what do you mean by "Spanish payment method"? If I am going to use my Czech debit card to buy the gift card, then it should work with the Czech account?
Marked as solution

@sanzhar_g

Yes, that should work since it's the same country.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts