Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Private Session Keep Songs and Artists From All Recommendations and Playlists

Does Private Session Keep Songs and Artists From All Recommendations and Playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Note 9

Operating System

Android Pie 

My Question or Issue

I've searched this, but come up with different results. I listen to a few playlists during certain times of day that I would never listen to any other time. Like studying playlists when I'm doing homework and some of the dinner playlists for relaxing in the evening. I don't want spotify to recommend any of these styles/genres/artists etc. The part that seems inconsistent is whether private session keeps these out of all of your recommendations and daily mixes or just your discover weekly. On spotify's own faq page, it says "anything you play privately may still factor into some of the personalized mixes we make for you (but not discover weekly)" . However, on the spotify message board, many people have asked about an incognito feature for the same reasons I mention above and spotify board members recommend the private session for keeping those songs out of all your recommendations. Which one is it? I don't want them in any recommendations or any of my daily mixes. Not just my discover weekly. 

1 Reply

As far as i know, the private session mode is just that your followers cant see what youre listening to.

I hope this will answer some of your questions.

~Levi 

Suggested posts