Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Spotify has the worst customer service in the world?

Does Spotify has the worst customer service in the world?

I used free subscription to Spotfity

- so didn't have any right to customer service

I recently upgraded to Premium and things have stopped working correctly.

- innocent me thought that now I am paying I should get customer service

Instead Spotify has a labyrinth support website that keeps bringing you back to the "Spotify community" for help.

- instead of paying a proper support team for paying customers.

My problems are basic and should be fixed by Spotify easily if I could contact someone:

1) Family membership - can't remember the exact address originally used when joining. Now can't add family. Can't contact Spotify for the address. Check the "community" - lots of people have this issue.

2) error code 4

Again lots of posts to the "community" but no help from Spotify for paying customers.

Spotify may have a monopoly at present but with this kind of customer service, I don't  think that the company will last long term.

3 Replies

Hi dermot22,

Sorry to hear about your frustration, but to answer a few things about your post, free members are allowed customer support, everyone is!

As for your problem, if you would like to change the address you will have to cancel your family subscription and re-subscribe. As for you wanting to contact Spotify Support, I will include a link to their contact form. This will allow you to outline your issue and get into contact with them. If you want access to this again, when on the support site, scroll down to the bottom and their will be a 'Contact Support' link which you can click and that will also get you to where you want to go!

Hopefully this helps!

Best,

Jordan

I don't understand why Spotify won't provide the address of the original
account holder who has the premium account.
- Eoin McSweeney.

Why does it make sense that you have to cancel the subscription and loose
all of his playlists and also the other family members who had joined?

After this incident, I started looking around at other music streaming
services and it looks like there are others just as good with same prices.

So if I have to cancel the account I may as well try a different one if I
am loosing all of the playlists anyway.

I'll wait for a reply for a couple of days and if there is not, will cancel
then

Hi dermot22,

Spotify cannot provide the original address as it could potentially lead to unauthorized people gaining access. As for loosing your playlists you will not lose any, the accounts that are on the subscription will simply revert to a free account, until you purchase premium again.

Hope this cleared some confusion!

Best,

Jordan

Suggested posts