NEXT STEP

Does payment stop when changing from Premium to Family by invite

Does payment stop when changing from Premium to Family by invite

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I am paying for my Premium account and now received an invite to join the Family Premium, i have accepted it. Does my monthly payment for my premium account automatically stop?

2 Replies

Hey @Carmen1502, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'll be happy to help.

Since the plan owner for Premium Family is responsible for the payments of the plan, once you accept the invite and join the family plan, you'll no longer be paying for Premium unless the Premium Family plan gets canceled, or you're removed.

There is some more info about Premium Family here.

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there @Carmen1502,

Thanks for reaching out here! 

If you're paying fro Premium for you own account and you accept a Premium Family invitation, then you become part of a Premium Family plan. Just like @Billy-J said, after you've become part of the Premium Family plan, you'll no longer be charged for Premium.

If you, however, have any Premium time on your account and you haven't used it, no worries - it'll stay on your account. This means that if after some time you leave the Premium Family plan, the Premium time you had left will be activated and you'll still be able to enjoy it.

We hope this helps, let us know if you need any more info on anything Spotify-related 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts