Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does the limit in Your Music apply to the possibility to Save album as favorite, without download?

Solved!

Does the limit in Your Music apply to the possibility to Save album as favorite, without download?

Hullo, I just came accross a warning that did not make much sense to me.

I tried to Save new albums to my Library, but without downloading.  In my mind, this action is similar to liking a post in Facebook, or marking a page as favorite in your browser.  I just would like to be able to remember that the album exists.

To my surprise, I received a warning saying that my Library is full and that I need to delete some previous records to open space to new selections.  I found the 3333 tracks limit, but I understood that it only to downloaded music.  Is that the case, or it is also impossible only to Save the name of the album to the Library if it exceeds that limit?

I even tried to delete all downloaded music, I reseted my linked devices and nothing worked.

I appreciate your response.

Alexandre.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The problem is that saving an album also saves all its tracks and its name to the Songs section of your library which has a limit of 10k tracks. Spotify does not want to fix that, because it would only affect 1% of its users. See the Ideas section for the related thread.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

The problem is that saving an album also saves all its tracks and its name to the Songs section of your library which has a limit of 10k tracks. Spotify does not want to fix that, because it would only affect 1% of its users. See the Ideas section for the related thread.

Suggested posts