Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Don’t recognize recently played music

Don’t recognize recently played music

Hi, all.

Can’t find any way to contact Spotify (without any social accounts), so must try here.

My Recently Played music is packed with hip-hop and meditation-type music, stuff I rarely (once every 3. year?) listen to. So is my Heavy Rotation; Sounds of Nature, Urban Gangster Beats and Shanti...? I listen to synth pop and the likes of Coldplay...! 😄

No one but me have been given access to my Spotify account, and have not had issues with “Your account is being used on another device”.

Any one else experienced this? Is there anywhere I can browse logs for connected devices, IP’s etc? Am getting a bit paranoid here... 😉

Subscription: Spotify Premium Family (no my wife never listens to this music either 😉 )

Kind regards,

Espen

Norway

9 Replies

Hi there!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify accoount. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your quick reply. Will try this out, and get back to you after the Recently Played have been «reset».

Happy Christmas,

Espen

Hey Jose,

Are you guys going to address the security breaches that countless users have brought up during these past few months?  This is a HUGE disservice to paying users.

That's very odd, bot activities? I also have had the same nature/rain sound and some hip-hop albums!

Hello @G_Loc, thanks for coming to the Community. 

Rest assured that Spotify's platform and user records are totally secure. Account takeovers usually happen because of a breach on another service. If you use the same password for several services, they all have the potential to be compromised if one has a security breach. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for tips on how to protect your account so this doesn't happen to you.

Hope this helps clear things up and let me know if you have any other questions!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi @Kwenchana!

If you think someone else may have gained access to your Spotify account, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take.

Thanks!

Jose_MSpotify Star

I don't buy the excuse that the blame lies fully on Spotify users. Right now I have the login credentials for over 16,000 users, most of these were leaked during the past 2 months.  Highly doubt that all these accounts were verified as being valid by a pure stroke of luck. Someone must have created a script to do all this and Spotify's lax security allowed it to happen .

A quick Google search reveals that Spotify's lax security has been an issue for YEARS. Why hasn't the company addressed these security issues or at least implemented two factor authentication?

Hello there, thanks for your reply. 

Spotify takes their user's security very seriously. Rest assured that Spotify's Data Protection team is doing it's best to provide users with better security options. For instance, they're considering a 2 factor authentication, you can find more info about this here.

Also note in many of the cases, this logging info is compromised because it's used in other unsafe services. That's why Spotify strongly encourages users not to use the same password we use for other services. 

Hope this helps clear things up!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi, @Kwenchana!

Very interesting hearing you also have had these specific genres/albums popping up on your Recently Played/Heavy Rotation list. Perhaps there is something wrong with Spotify’s tags on those albums...or something. Attaching snapshots of the albums for you to compare.

@G_Loc When it comes to a security issue, it sounds quite unlikely that a potential breach (in this case) could come from some other social media account, as I don’t have any... Also don’t use my e-mail for login at Spotify. It’s interesting to hear you claim to be in possession of 16k user credentials, but it’s not so useful making this thread into a crusade against Spotify’s security. A peek at the usernames in that list, to see if mine’s there, would be useful though...

Kind regards,

Espen

IMG_4939.jpg
IMG_4940.jpg
IMG_4941.jpg

Suggested posts