Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double Charged - Spotify Refusing To Refund

Double Charged - Spotify Refusing To Refund

Has anyone experienced an issue with Spotify refusing to refund double charges?  I signed up using my Facebook account and then again without (directly without using FB).  In doing so I had thought I had cancelled the FB account (Spotify says I didn't) but a year later doing my taxes and I see that I was double-charged for a full year.  I never used the other account and I'm assuming there are no hard costs involved in maintaining an account that wasn't used.  In my business, I would never keep money from a customer for a service that wasn't used.  I asked for a full refund on the account that wasn't used (which I'm sure they can track) and they are refusing.  Only offering 1 month refund.  I've paid for my other Premium account the whole time this was occuring so I am a paying customer.  Has anyone had a similiar experience?

21 Replies

My fiance has a premium account that has been double billed for the last 4 months. Sometimes on the same date, sometimes a few days apart. He only has one account that he has authorized billing but doesn't always sign in through facebook. We have written 2 times and get the same auto reply.

So, how do we get this to stop and how does spotify refund when they constintly do auto reply? Does a human pay attention to what is going on at any point or do you program your humans to seem like a cold and uncaring robot? He is on a fixed income and now you are totally screwing him. Obviously not the only one complaining or it wouldn't be  the first selection when trying to contact Spotify... btw... why isn't there a customer service number on the page? What are you hiding from or avoiding? Absolutely not avoiding having issue just making it worse by not solving or reaching out in a real way.

Hello 
First thing yes I was very  irritated by the email only and no personal customer service. I had to be consistent with the email reply. I did receive personal email replies after several attempts to get someone to give me a 800# or respond to me directly and not the  automated email response. I had to configure a way to communicate with them directly. I was successful in making contact with at least 2 customer service people via email. I believe the reply from them was due to the fact that I called the customer service people of the CREDIT CARD COMPANY and was able to receive at least 4 months or so of refunds. after the 6 months or so it is your responsibility to attempt to get your money back.  Spotify attempted to correct the problem with the double billing as far as technical error - but would not assist beyond that. This also was made very difficult via email. I could not confirm 2 emails set up but technically i believe they couls locate it if they wanted to. I do not believe that I have two email setup for this one account  I could not locate any such second account. Eventually as they tried to set up a phone conversation in efforts to try to see and direct me in seeing if there was more than one account.  if there is more than one account and it seems to be an on going  problem why not instead put in place  a fail safe process in orders of not double charging the customer  since they know it is an ongoing problem. To make more money as most customer dont know that it is happening. the meeting over the phone never happened as the time that they were calling versus the time that I was available made it difficult however they did call but I was unavailable and that was the one and only call although they did say that they would attempt the second call which I never got. it is my suggestion to call the customer service of the credit card companies to attempt to get as much money back as possible thereafter I would close the account and open it either under a new credit card number and ensure that only one email address is set up for this one account.  I pray for the best for you and or your friend and I do hope that this information will help you.

Suggested posts