Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Double payment for account

Double payment for account

I have accidentally set up two monthly credit card payments (for different amounts) for the same Spotify premium account. I have cancelled one of them with my bank, but don't know how to notify Spotify about this so that they do not cancel the Spotify account when the bank rejects the monthly payment demand.

4 Replies

Hi @ashaalice thanks for posting in the Spotify Community! 

As long as you make sure that you've set up a payment method through this page you shouldn't have any problems. Just keep Spotify updated through that page with a relevant, working card and you'll not lose premium.

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

I have the same problem and now spotify is telling me in need to set up another direct debit. I've overpaid for nearly a year and can not get my money back!!!

Hi, @estelleroux, it's only possible to be charged twice, if you have two accounts (if the payment dates are on separate dates it's likely this one) or if you double clicked on setting up the payment (payments will be on the same date). 

You can cancel any account using this link or you can speak to Spotify Care through this contact form if you require any further help. 

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution. If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 2.43.49 PM.png

I have 1 account and 2 payments of 9.99 off my account. Every time I cancel one I get a note from Spotify saying my direct debit failed and my account will close.

Suggested posts