Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrade from Family Plan to regular Premium

Solved!

Downgrade from Family Plan to regular Premium

How do I downgrade from Family Plan to regular Premium?  The account tab gives no options for this. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This should do it https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/
I did this yesterday.... They reacted very fast, within the hour.
One must cancel subscription reverting to free, then start a new subscribe to premium.

All rather backward this really!
Good luck.

View solution in original post

19 Replies

The owner of the family plan would have to do this.

From the family help guide:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

Remove a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to remove a member.

1. Go to your account page.

2. Click MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.

3. Click REMOVE under the member you want to remove.

4. Click CONFIRM in the dialog box that follows. You can now invite someone else to the plan.

Note: If you remove a member, you’ll still pay the full amount for your plan each month. If you want to change the number of members, you will have to CANCEL the plan and sign up for the family plan again with the correct amount of members. 

If you still have trouble,

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

You can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter for help.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Can the Spotify family plan member sign up for their own seperate account later on after I remove them? without losing their playlists and whatnot?

This response does not address his original question. 

How do you remove "family plan" and go back to a personal Premium Subscription?

When you follow your steps you are still on a family plan now without any members.

The family plan charges more than a personal plan. 

He and I just want to go to the basic individual plan NOT a family plan. 

I am wondering the same thing.

How do I remove the "familly plan" and downgrade my account to "premium" again.
I dont want to be charged for the Familly account, since I am not using it.

This response does not provide an answer to the same question I have. How do I downgrade from family plan to premium!

I have to say, Spotify has made this simple need so very difficult and now making me consider dumping it out alltogether. Shame on Spotify!

They make all of this impossible withouth opening a ticket with them. 

I switched to Slacker Premium. Love it.

Do you, by any chance know where to do that?
Create a support-ticket regarding this?

I have tried to find a section for that on this website, but perhaps I am blind, or the section just dont exists... =/

Marked as solution

This should do it https://support.spotify.com/uk/contact-spotify-support/
I did this yesterday.... They reacted very fast, within the hour.
One must cancel subscription reverting to free, then start a new subscribe to premium.

All rather backward this really!
Good luck.

Thanks for the info.

Found it...  😃

Have a great weekend!

I guess the goal is to get as much charges from folks who can't followup on changing back to premium.  That's just a scam!  If it's easy to sign up for Family it should be easy to switch back to just premium.

did you lose any of your playlists when downgrading following this process?  I'm worried i may lose my music and my list of followers?

Did you loose your playlist??

You shouldn't use lose your playlists.  I did this and mine were still there.

They basically stole from me and about a million other people by charging me for a family plan and I get nothing at all out of it.  What a crock of crap. They have no phone, when you have a phone you have to talk to people, That's just too hard.. I can't listen on two devices at the same time with different playlists for $16 a month? so I got ripped off on the family plan. Can't get back where I was without deleting everything and starting over, losing all my playlists, can't call anyone on the phone... relying on the world to provide their customer service is a really bad model. Why would I pay a company money I work very hard for who treats me this way? If I treated my customers like this, I would not have a business very long and neither will spotify. Short their stock, this won't last. I'm out.

Hey @t57strat and welcome to the community!

That is odd. When you cancel your Family Plan to go back to a free ad-based version and then back to normal Premium, you shouldn't lose any playlists... If that happened to you, you can try recovering them through here: https://www.spotify.com/account/recover-playlists/

Hope this helped!
K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

I want to go back to my normaly account, and NOT family, because my children are NOT Living on the same adress as me

I can't even log in using Facebook and I just changed the password? I keep getting an error from Spotify telling me my Facebook password and account don't match...and they do?

I am also trying to downgrade because of family members moving out but cannot....frustrated

...and I never did re-subsrcibe. left a nasty taste in my moth so here I am almost four years on with an alternative probably guessable music streaming provider. Updated this message as I received a like and it prompted to share. Wish I didn't have to put away, but hey, that's life, we customers always vote with our feet.

Suggested posts