Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downgrading From Premium Subscription Linked To Mobile Provider

Downgrading From Premium Subscription Linked To Mobile Provider

Hi there, 

I had a free Spotify account for a long time and only upgraded to premium when a change of my Maxis (Malaysia) mobile postpaid plan entitled me to a complimentary upgrade. BUT now I want to change my mobile plan again, which means my Spotify premium account will no longer be covered. I'm not interested in paying to maintain a premium account, so how do I return to the free version before I make the mobile plan change? When I called Maxis, they said that I will have to pay for the premium account once I change my mobile plan. But they gave no option to reverse the upgrade and get me back to my free account. Instead they told me I will have to create a whole new account to have a free version. That makes no sense to me as I have spent ages compiling song playlists/developing my Spotify account.

Spotify - how do I reverse the upgrade??? I just want the free version back without losing all the song lists I've saved to that account.

Incredibly frustrating that there's no direct way to get in touch with Spotify Customer Service! At least give people the option to email you guys.

3 Replies

Hey @ktsl277

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

You can copy and paste the message you posted here so that you do not have to retype it.

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks!

You're welcome

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts