Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs suddenly pending for download

Solved!

Downloaded songs suddenly pending for download

I am on an Android device, and I have Spotify Premium. I have downloaded a couple of playlists which used to show the green arrow next to them. Today, I found myself logged out all of a sudden, which was very weird, since I didn't click "log out on all devices" and on other devices I was still logged in. When I tried to check out my downloaded music, they all had a grey arrow next to them, as if they are pending for download. I cannot play them when offline, so Spotify thinks they're not on my device. However, no storage space has been freed up. My guess is something changed in the way Spotify stores downloads and it cannot find the songs now?

Anyway, I want to listen to music when on the road, and since it hasn't freed up space I am unable to redownload the songs. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Also, sorry if this is not the way or place to ask this, finding your way around here is absolutely horrible.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Hilgert.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's only possible to store music for Offline use on up to 5 devices. So perhaps you've exceeded this limit. If you didn't exceed this limit we recommend removing all your Offline devices and redownloading your music. You can remove all Offline devices here. You can also try a quick reinstallation while you're at it. Read here how.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Hilgert.

Thanks for getting in touch!

It's only possible to store music for Offline use on up to 5 devices. So perhaps you've exceeded this limit. If you didn't exceed this limit we recommend removing all your Offline devices and redownloading your music. You can remove all Offline devices here. You can also try a quick reinstallation while you're at it. Read here how.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Hi Guido. I only use 2 devices, so I am sure I haven't exceeded this limit. I kept getting logged out automatically, so I decided to reinstall the app. It seems to work fine now (it also freed up the storage space, thank goodness), but I am still unsure what caused this to happen. Hopefully I don't have to redownload all the songs periodically ^^

Suggested posts