Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dropping someone from family plan

Solved!

Dropping someone from family plan

Switched from RDIO to Spotify ..... loving Spotify!! Currently have family plan and want to drop one person from my current plan. I was able to remove his invite with no problems BUT the billing amount has not decreased. Will the bill change with the next full month? Do I need to cancel my whole Spotify family account and the reactivate it later? Thanks for your advice

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think you have to cancel and then resignup to the family plan with the correct amount of people.

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

"The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the subscription – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You can then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey distinctash 🙂

Can you try replacing it with a blank email address just to remove the old one? The steps on this thread are quite old. Family plan has already changed to a fixed number of members.

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there @MRCsdad! Here's an excerpt from the Spotify Family FAQ found here:

Remove a member

Only the administrator of the plan is able to remove a member.

1. Go to your account page.

2. Click MANAGE YOUR SPOTIFY FAMILY.

3. Click REMOVE under the member you want to remove.

4. Click CONFIRM in the dialog box that follows. You can now invite someone else to the plan.

Note: If you remove a member, you’ll still pay the full amount for your plan each month.

Alternatively, this link leads to a Q&A on the Spotify Family Plan from within the community. Hope it helps!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Marked as solution

I think you have to cancel and then resignup to the family plan with the correct amount of people.

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/spotify-family

"The number of subaccounts (i.e. the number of people you can invite) that you selected during signup cannot be changed. You may however cancel the subscription – at which point all members of the plan revert to Free level subscriptions if the current billing month lapses. You can then sign up again, selecting the number of subaccounts you want. You may re-invite the people you want to keep on the plan."

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There isn't a remove button on the family page?! Just a 'replace' but I don't want to replace them with anyone just yet.

Marked as solution

Hey distinctash 🙂

Can you try replacing it with a blank email address just to remove the old one? The steps on this thread are quite old. Family plan has already changed to a fixed number of members.

Was my answer helpful? Don't forget to give it a Kudos or Accept it as Solution 😉
Just keep swimming!

© to the owner of the photo 🙂

Thanks for the tip @AnjiPeas I was able to remove a member by selecting replace member via code option.

Suggested posts