Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Plan Says I'm In A Different Country

Solved!

Duo Plan Says I'm In A Different Country

Plan: Duo

Device: Macbook Pro

Operating System

macOS Mojave

I'm trying to accept the Duo invitation my wife just sent, but it says "It looks like you’re trying to join Duo from a different country." I have literally copied and pasted the address from my wife's account, and it still says that. Then I edited her address, and pasted in the same thing (smart-quotes, other character substitutions, who knows), and it still says that. I'm just trying to make working from home less stultifyingly boring.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I messaged @spotifycares on Twitter and they were very responsive. It looks like somehow I'd set my country on my account to German, even though my address was identical. I changed that and it still didn't fix the issue (even playing with a VPN and incognito mode). However they suggested I try on another device. When I tried on my phone, everything worked, and I'm all set up now.

I'm not sure why the different device mattered, even though I was working with a cleared cache and different browsers on my laptop, but I'm glad it's resolved now.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hi @timmyson, thanks for writing!

I'm sorry about that. Could you please try again, this time using different browsers in your computer? Don't forget to clear cache before.

Also, make sure you're not using a VPN in your device.

Hope this helps!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

No VPN, Chrome or Vivaldi (a Chromium variant), regular or incognito mode, I still get the error. I'm putting in my address manually, so the VPN shouldn't matter anyway.

Hey @timmyson, that's odd.

In this case I suggest you get in touch with the Spotify Cares staff - They'll be happy to help you further with this.

There are a few ways to contact them. One is via Twitter - just send them a Direct Message @SpotifyCares.

Another great way is to use the Facebook support. Shoot them a message here: Spotify Cares. They generally reply very quickly.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Marked as solution

I messaged @spotifycares on Twitter and they were very responsive. It looks like somehow I'd set my country on my account to German, even though my address was identical. I changed that and it still didn't fix the issue (even playing with a VPN and incognito mode). However they suggested I try on another device. When I tried on my phone, everything worked, and I'm all set up now.

I'm not sure why the different device mattered, even though I was working with a cleared cache and different browsers on my laptop, but I'm glad it's resolved now.

Hi @timmyson,

I'm glad it worked out somehow!

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi All,

The profile country for both accounts must be the same in addition to the address of the duo account.

If there is a mismatch, one user can use a VPN to change their account profile to match the country of the other account (e.g. USA), even if their address is in another country (e.g. Spain). Once both the profile country and address are the same, then the duo accounts can be linked. Good luck!

Hello

I tried on couple devices and still it didn't work. What should i do?

Hi @Mahmoudbissar, thanks for writing.

Did you try using different browsers? 

Also, did you get in touch with @spotifycares on Twitter, like the other user did?

BittencourtSpotify Star

Suggested posts