Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duo Premium: share all playlists

Solved!

Duo Premium: share all playlists

Plan: Premium Duo

Device: mobile

My Question or Issue: after sharing a premium account for years my husband and I upgraded to Premium Duo. How does he get the library from the main account synced with the new account. I’m hoping there is a way other than going through every playlist one by one. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Lcherner, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern, and I'll do my best to help.

The only way to copy and paste your playlists to the new account for your husband, is by following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

I hope this clears things up! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there @Lcherner,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

At the moment there is no feature that allows to share multiple Playlists at the same time. @Billy-J pointed out the right instructions how you can share the playlists with your husband. He can then make a copy of them on his own account to save them in his personal library.

You can also add your vote for the idea to have an option to share multiple playlists here. Any news we might have about implementing this feature will be posted there, so keep an eye on it.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

We wish you an awesome day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Lcherner, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern, and I'll do my best to help.

The only way to copy and paste your playlists to the new account for your husband, is by following the steps provided in this Spotify Answer.

I hope this clears things up! I'll be here if you need anything else.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If I am reading those steps correctly it means we have to copy each playlist one by one. I was hoping there was an easier solution. Unless I am misunderstanding the directions you pointed me towards?
Marked as solution

Hey there @Lcherner,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

At the moment there is no feature that allows to share multiple Playlists at the same time. @Billy-J pointed out the right instructions how you can share the playlists with your husband. He can then make a copy of them on his own account to save them in his personal library.

You can also add your vote for the idea to have an option to share multiple playlists here. Any news we might have about implementing this feature will be posted there, so keep an eye on it.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

We wish you an awesome day!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

That’s too bad. I voted for the feature

I immediately signed up to Duo for my wife and i when it came out. I had assumed we’d be using the same library, but that we could both play music/podcasts at the same time. I’ve now cancelled Duo because having to manage separate libraries is way too much effort. 

I’m the same. We have shared a premium account and just signed up to Duo. Cancelling that now because there is no easy way to each have the same playlists which we have shared for years without making them public and going through that long winded process in the answer.  

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi,

It seems to be the same issue here. My wife would prefer to have the copy of my profile which we used on our home devices by default. I guess this case the use case is just to continue on one account then. 

What about if I don’t want to see or share all other person music/ albums /playlists on my library? 

I share my account with my son and there is too much music all mixed on my library… it stresses me out… 

Thanks for support! 

Sabb.

Suggested posts