Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account / Need Facebook Connect Login Account Closed

Solved!

Duplicate Account / Need Facebook Connect Login Account Closed

Wow.  What a mess.  I am having trouble with my Facebook connect.

I have my initial account mkw1342, which is a Premium account.

Last night I clicked a link on Facebook and it attempted to login me in with FB, and now I have a brand new account linked to my facebook profile - Matt Whitaker.

I see that moderators can close the seconday account - FB Matt Whitaker.  Please close it.

I will then relink mkw1342 to Facebook with Matt Whitaker.

Is there a way to close the FB Matt Whitaker account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I think I fixed this myself.  I followed these two sets of instructions.  Uninstall, clean install, and then clicked a music link in Facebook.

====

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-What-s-new-quot-page-isn-t-working/td-p/1079/pa...

Hmm. Some posts here are a little concerning. It seems that installing the Preview client appears to have fixed it for some people, but not for others.

I feel this might be related somewhat to an older Spotify cache lurking around on your computer, judging by some of the comments here of it working and some replies of how it's broken again shortly afterwards. I would follow the steps for a clean reinstallation, but before installing again, ensure that no trace of Spotify remains in your Cache.

On Mac's this tends to be -
~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
~/Library/Application Support/Spotify
While on a Windows machine, it should be around
Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming
Then, when installing again, download the preview version.

Hopefully, What's New should pop right back up. Please come on back and let me know how you guys get on.

1. Log into Facebook
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your "martskre" username and password

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

I think I fixed this myself.  I followed these two sets of instructions.  Uninstall, clean install, and then clicked a music link in Facebook.

====

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-What-s-new-quot-page-isn-t-working/td-p/1079/pa...

Hmm. Some posts here are a little concerning. It seems that installing the Preview client appears to have fixed it for some people, but not for others.

I feel this might be related somewhat to an older Spotify cache lurking around on your computer, judging by some of the comments here of it working and some replies of how it's broken again shortly afterwards. I would follow the steps for a clean reinstallation, but before installing again, ensure that no trace of Spotify remains in your Cache.

On Mac's this tends to be -
~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.Client
~/Library/Application Support/Spotify
While on a Windows machine, it should be around
Users\"username"\AppData\Roaming
Then, when installing again, download the preview version.

Hopefully, What's New should pop right back up. Please come on back and let me know how you guys get on.

1. Log into Facebook
2. Select the "Music" app on the left hand side of the page
3. Click on any Spotify track
4. Click on "Open Spotify" NOT "I don't have spotify"
5. Log in with your "martskre" username and password

Suggested posts