Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate Account?

Solved!

Duplicate Account?

Dear People at Spotify, 

It seems I have one account with spotify directly and another one with my facebook-ID?

Strange thing is: I logged in with my 'normal' account to renew my premium, but it seems that it has been 

booked on an account i can only get onto when i log in with my facebook details. 

It's annoying because my playlist are in the 'normal' account while my subscription is in the 'facebook' account. 

I hope you can help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed please get in touch via our contact form and we can lend a hand, thanks!

View solution in original post

207 Replies

I got the same problem.. and i don't know how delete the one that is right connceted to my facebook details.. please help!

Hi Whoisitwho,

Yes it seems you've made a duplicate account with your Facebook this has your Premium subscription. 

This can be sorted out though--have a look in your inbox as I've just sent you an email

Hello Kaynine,

You've also created a duplicate account, but your subscription is with your original 'kaynine' account. 

I've deleted that duplicate for you, now just log out and log back in with your username. 

You can then link this account to Facebook via Edit » Preferences in Windows or Spotify » Preferences in Mac. Just press 'Connect to Facebook' to get started.

Meredith can you help me with this also.. I reckon that my problem has something to do with me having 2 accounts also; one spotify and one facebook account...

funny thing also is that I can log on to my fb account with 2 passwords.. 1 which I use for facebook and 1 that is my Spotify account password.. 

I also have created duplicate accounts. I can login with username 'thecassiepants' (which is a premium account with all my playlists), or with Facebook (which is a normal account with no playlists). I would like to connect my Facebook account with thecassiepants account. How can I do this?

Thanks,

Cassie

Works now!

Have same problem with duplicate accounts.

Hello, 

I have the same problem. I can´t login to my actual account with spotify password/username and when logging with facebook I just log into new free account. Can remove the duplicate account so i can use my actual account? 

Same problem as above. Please fix this quickly. All my playlists are in the account i cant log on to.

Hi everyone, 

Can you first please try following Richard's steps at the beginning of this thread.

Once you're logged into the account with your original username, you can connect it to Facebook and deactivate the secondary account:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

2. Select 'Connect to Facebook' under 'Social Network'

3. Sign in with your Facebook details--your two accounts will be connected

I'm having a very similar issue--I logged in via my iPad while traveling and somehow must have created a duplicate account as I am missing my playlists, etc.

Can you help me resolve this as well?

I also have the same issue and need my free facebook account to be deleted.

Thanks!

I have a similar, but not identical problem that means I can only log in via Facebook.

Details in this thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts-Subscriptions-and-Music/Can-only-log-in-to-Spotify-player-t...

If I try to request a new password for the account that allegedly uses the Facebook email address, Spotify tells me there is no active account associated with the address, yet if I try to use it as a new email address for my antonomasia1 account, I am told that there is already another spotify account using the address.

Just now I found I can't log in to the Spotify website using the email address and password I have for Spotify - which did work a few hours ago, and I can now only get in via Facebook.

Hi Everyone, 

Just a quick update for this thread--you should all be able to access your original accounts by logging out of the Spotify app and logging back in with your Spotify username (not your email). 

If however you're having trouble connecting this original account to your Facebook, it's mostly likely because a 48 hour trial has been started on the secondary account. 

This trial starts automatically when you log into the secondary account from a mobile phone. For more information on this please see this similar thread

Hi, 

I still can´t login to my real account with my username/password. It says constantly "login failed" and when I´m trying to reset my password I get this response "It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings page atfacebook.com." and probably because of that I never get the resetting instructions via email.

Can you please delete the duplicate account and help me getting into my original premium account.

My username is juhoant.

Hi Johuant- I've had a look at your account and the seconary account has already been deleted.

In fact your Facebook is properly connected to 'juhoant' as well. Have a look in your inbox--we can send you a link to reset your password with a few detail confirmations. 

All my starred tracks except of 4 is gone so, ame thing happened to me. Some guy at costumer support tried to solve this but the probem still stands. Can you help me? 

Hi Isi,

I've managed to find those tracks for you--keep an eye on your inbox as I've just sent you another email.

Okey, I've tried two different things now. Before I contacted you I sent an email to customer support and they said:

"HI Felix,

Thanks for getting in touch and confirming those.

I have now been in and deleted your duplicate account.

Hopefully now this will put a stop to your logging in problems.

Please ensure you are logging in with your Spotify username 'isidorsson' and your Spotify password NOT your Facebook details.

This will get you back to your Premium account.

I hope this helps.

If there is anything further we can do for you then please do not hesitate to let us know.

Have a great weekend!

Kind Regards, 

Jake 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge"

First thing first. This did NOT work, I didn't get my starred tracks back. I sent him an email again but havn't gotten any answer sp I contacted you. I followed your guide:

Re: Duplicate Account?

Hi everyone, 

Can you first please try following Richard's steps at the beginning of this thread.

Once you're logged into the account with your original username, you can connect it to Facebook and deactivate the secondary account:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences (in Windows) or Spotify > Preferences (in Mac)

2. Select 'Connect to Facebook' under 'Social Network'

3. Sign in with your Facebook details--your two accounts will be connected

This did NOT work either. I am getting pretty frustrated that you have a cooperation with facebook and have facebook in spotify when it doesn't work properly. I have lost all my starred tracks and nothing seems to get them back. Should I or should I not log in with my regular username? (logging in with my username or facebook account is something I think shouldn't matter when there is a cooperation) Can you please help me solve this?  

Suggested posts