E-mail issue in account profile

E-mail issue in account profile

AlfieJulian
Regular

I subscribed Premium yesterday. I connect with my Facebook account, but my account profile still mentions an old e-mail address. How can I update this e-mail in my profile (since e-mail changes are required through... Facebook!!!)

3 Replies

Re: E-mail issue in account profile

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @AlfieJulian!

Thanks for coming to the Community. We'd love to help out :)

If your account's Facebook created and you need to update your account's email address, you'll need to update the email associated with your Facebook profile.

There's some more info on this at: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/change-email-address/

Let us know if you have any other questions.

/M

AlfieJulian
Regular

Hey Melody, and thanks for replying, but it is the other way around:

• my e-mail in my Facebook profile is the correct one;
  • it is the e-mail of my Spotify account that I need to change. 
  • my problem is that to edit my e-mail in my Spotify account, it says that I need to do so by changing my e-mail in Facebook (which is the one I am using now) !!!

I have been a Premium user  4 years ago (but cancelled later), so I suppose that is why the system keeps my old e-mail address which I no longer want to use.

And I can see no other way to edit that e-mail address other than through Facebook!!! 

Highlighted

AlfieJulian
Regular

Hey Melody, The problem has been solved by your colleagues of Spotify Cares on Facebook. Have a nice day !

SUGGESTED POSTS