Free

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

Today I got an e-mail which appeared to be true, telling me to update my password due to suspicious activity.

I'll attach the e-mail and paste the link hidden in every single button in its body.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

The "***" is "spotify" but I put this way so no one click on it by accident.

I'm posting this to warn the IT crew so they can do something.

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @soldade,

thanks for posting !

First of all thanks for flagging this one 😃

If you believe that the email you received is suspicious. This way, please follow the steps here.

Have a great week 😃

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @soldade,

thanks for posting !

First of all thanks for flagging this one 😃

If you believe that the email you received is suspicious. This way, please follow the steps here.

Have a great week 😃

A screenshot of the message on the email should help readers, I think...

I already sent it to spoof@spotify.com, but here it goes.phishing.png

I believe that's not a phishing email. The sender itself is a proof of being legit.

That's the point, criminals are able to send emails using false fingerprints, which makes people more susceptible to fall for it. But you can see on the left corner part of the link you get by putting the mouse above any button of the content. I'm absolutely positive is a phishing attempt because above all that, my account is in another language, so all the communications I get are in my own language. Get it?

Hey @soldade.

Thanks for enquiring about this.

Based on the sender's email address (no-reply@spotify.com), we can confirm that this is a genuine email. It's not unusual for Spotify to occasionally have to carry out a password reset for certain accounts as a security measure, and it seems like this is one of those cases.

With regard to your preferred language for future correspondence from Spotify, we suggest that you reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will be able to set your profile to the right language.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns regarding this.

Hi. Thanks for your answer, but I'm afraid you misunderstood. Like I said, I am absolutely sure that the email I got is a phishing attempt, and if you don't believe me, I can send you the one like that was on any button on the body of the email (which proves that this is a fake email, because when it's not, every button points to a different place/function, such as "Help", "FAQ", "Contact" and so on, like any other service-costumer email). Anyway, I just wanted to warn the IT group about this specific threat.

Best regards.

Suggested posts