Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ecard

Ecard

Hi there, 

I bought a spotify e card from Italy a couple of weeks ago and I gave it to my boyfriend today. He lives in Paris and when he tried to activate the ecard the server showed a message saying that the card has to be used in the country where it was bought. I obviously did not know that and I was wondering if there is any solution to this issue. (for example: if I activate it from italy on his account  then can he use it in France?)

Thanks!

1 Reply

It is stated clearly on the first page of the eCard process that Spotify Premium codes can only be redeemed in the country in which they are purchased. You *could* activate it for him, but doing so would be in breach of the Spotify Terms of Service. 

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they may be able to swap it over to a redeemable code for you as a goodwill gesture - it's worth asking!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts