Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ecards in the USA

Ecards in the USA

Are the ecards going to be available in the US anytime soon. I was looking to get a subscription as a gift. Is there any other way to do this
11 Replies

Hello!

Sadly e-cards are not available in the US at the moment. Hopefully we can offer these in the future - Keep an eye on our blog for any further updates!

Airhorn Enthusiast

It turns out the future is now. E-cards are now available in the US: https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/e-card/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Unfotunately, it seems the future has once again become the past.  This is the current standing:

Spotify Gift Cards

Spotify Gift Cards are currently not available in your country.

As much as I like Spotify, I find the customer service very disappointing.  Shame.  

Customer service and features are indeed very lacking.

@user-removed wrote:

Customer service and features are indeed very lacking.

Hey! Welcome to the community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Can you expand a little further on the issues you are having? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi guys,

Good news! Spotify e-cards are now available in the USA.

For more info, head over here: https://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/e-card/
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Okay -- I would like to make the jump to Spotify Premium, but the gift card page -- Doesn't work.

https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/e-card/

Backstory -- I was going to get a year long membership as a gift to become a premium member from my parents - who don't have a Spotify account.  So to help them out, and  I logged into my account, and was going to purchase the e-card for myself from them.  

Here is the annoying part for the past 2 days -- I keep getting 2 errors.  The first time I was able to get to enter the credit card info and it would state that the order could not be processed.  Now I can't even get to the next page as I am getting this error at the top of the page once I enter in all the information.  "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again or check out our help area

Okay -- so the solution I would think for most would be do get a hold of some sort of customer care to see if the website is experiencing issues or find out through the community if there are other problems.  I found this post and it looks as though purchasing e-cards are available in the USA,?

I like Spotify and I know I could probably buy (2) $60 gift cards from a retail store and there is my annual subscription, but that is not the point.  The point it is - it is not working for me, and I don't see why this is an issue, and getting someone to help is not easy.  

These type of issues this close to the holiday, and an investment like this -- makes me second guess if I should stick with Spotify or go to Rdio or MOG, especially for use on my Sonos system that I will also be purchasing.   If anyone has any insight to both -- why I can't check out and buy a gift e-card in the USA, when the post above said they are now available in the US & second why I should stick with Spotify and do the retail gift card vs. going to one of the competitors that I listed above..

Strange, would it be possible to try a different browser @Battlezone ? 

Spotify eCards should now be available in the US.

Peter

Tried IE 10 and still the Oops message at the top.  

Hello I'm having the same issue... "Ooops Message..." any new solutions.

If you could get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they might be able to let you know why you are getting the error. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Suggested posts