Country

Brazil

Device

Echo Dot

Operating System

Alexa

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I have 2 3rd generation Echo Dot and 1 4th generation Echo Dot.
For some reason, only two are available to play music on Spotify. Do you know how to solve this issue? I have unlinked all of them already but the issue with 1 of the 3 always happens.

I also see that one of the devices does not show on the Device List. The device plays music if I choose the option "Whole home", but as a single speaker, it does not work. In this case, I ask Alexa to play music and it says "Here is Spotify" but nothing happens.

Thanks

1 Reply

Hey, @marcelomlo 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

First of all, I'd like to suggest that you double-check if all the Echo devices are linked with the same Amazon account and if they all are linked to your Spotify account. 
Considering everything is correct on your side, but the issue persists, I recommend that you unlink your Alexa account to Spotify and then link them both again. To unlink them, follow these steps:

1. Go to your Spotify account page;
  2. Then, go to Apps;
  3. When finding Alexa, tap Remove Access

After removing the access, you need to link the services again, as I mentioned before. To do this, you can follow these steps. And don't forget to set Spotify as the default music service.

After doing this, let me know how it goes.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts