Edit primary user name after upgrade to family plan

Solved!
Highlighted
1 person liked this

Edit primary user name after upgrade to family plan

Music Lover
‎2017-04-26 07:45 PM

I just upgraded from Premium to the Family Plan.  I went to the screen that allows me to send an invitation to a family member and after clicking it, I was asked to confirm the name and address.  Silly me -- despite appearances to the contrary it was asking for MY name and address, not my wife's.  I want to change the name back to mine as the primary user, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to do that!  Any help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Edit primary user name after upgrade to family plan

Top Star
‎2017-04-26 08:02 PM

Hey @Gronk775,

It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family subscription. 

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the subscription on your old account :)

Maxim | Top Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Follow me on Spotify!

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

5 Replies

Top Star
‎2017-04-26 08:02 PM

Hey @Gronk775,

It’s not possible to change the address registered on an existing Premium for Family subscription. 

If you move, or enter the wrong details, you need to create a new account and subscribe to Premium for Family on that account. Don’t forget to cancel the subscription on your old account :)

Maxim | Top Star & Twitter Expert | Spotify RSP

If this post has solved your issue - Please click on 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

Follow me on Spotify!

Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

2 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2017-05-04 05:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.  I appreciate your sharing this information.  I know that you are in no way responsible for this process, but I can't help but say that this is extremely silly.  If I have a magazine subscription, I just change my address for the subscription.  Likewise for just about anything else I subscribe to on the web.  So, this seems... braindead.  Maybe I'll just "forget" to resubscribe when I move.  

Thanks again.

Music Fan
3 weeks ago

Yes. Same issue here. I did not notice until today since I rarely log in to my account (I just use Mac and iOS apps and never log out). It is EXTREMELY SILLY  and annoying. And since at least two of us did this, I imagine it is because of bad design. So in my mind, this is all on Spotify. I have sent them a message and will see how they respond.

Music Fan
2 weeks ago

I did it too. All I want to do is edit the name, not address, as I too put my husband's name in thinking I was adding him to my account. Agreed, very sloppy on Spotify's part. I am not going to cancel and repopen a completely separate acount over this. 

Music Fan
a week ago

+1 for poor user experience and planning, as I did exactly the same thing. The wording is incorrect for the user action. Then not having the ability to change the name or the address without losing the account and signing up again.

SUGGESTED POSTS