Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Edit profile without logging onto Facebook

Edit profile without logging onto Facebook

I need to change my email address. When I try to do so in the edit profile mode, I am requested to log into Facebook to do so. I haven’t opened Facebook in years and don’t intend to do so just to update my Spotify profile. Can you help?

3 Replies

Hey @supersas,

Welcome to the community!

To edit your profile without having to log into Facebook, you will need to disconnect Facebook from your account. Here the steps to do so:

1. Open the Spotify desktop app.
  2.  In the top-right corner, click Icon_Arrow_down.png  Settings.
  3. Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK

If you don't see the option to disconnect from Facebook, it’s likely you created your account through Facebook instead of only linking to it. In this case, the only way to edit your account information is through Facebook.

Alternatively, you could create a new account using your email address by following the steps listed here.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I removed my Facebook link and have set up a new account with Spotify. 

I need to update the email address but it will not let me.  It says I have to login to Facebook to edit the email address.  This is confusing because tech support had me create a new Spotify account after delinking from FB.

Please help.

Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 11.39.47 AM.png

Hey @1219420646,

Welcome to the community!

It looks like your profile image is the default Facebook avatar, so I suspect the account you're logged into is still linked to Facebook. Please try logging out, then logging back in using the Spotify account details for the new account which the Spotify support team helped you create. (Do not log in by clicking "Log in with Facebook")

Let me know how it goes. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts