Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Electronic gift code to use in another country - not working

Electronic gift code to use in another country - not working

I live in the US, bought an electronic gift card (code) at https://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/e-card/ which was delivered by email to the recipient, who lives in Mexico. However, when trying to use the code, it says it can't be used there.

Why? That makes no sense. There was no indication on the page that the gift card had restrictions about where it can be used. I also never received a confirmation email for the gift code purchase, but my credit card was charged.

Now I emailed Spotify support to ask them to make the gift code work in Mexico or refund me the money. I hate that Spotify doesn't have a phone number to resolve billing issues quickly. If anyone from Spotify reads this, please contact me and let me know if you can make the code work in Mexico.

2 Replies

Hey @fawlty, try changing the recipient account region to US make sure it is US. and reReddem the code. I don't know what is wrong tbh just a suggestion 😛 .. I hope someone from Spotify Helps you soon!

This post was by M0HX - I don't work in Spotify, I'm just here to help ^-^
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Press like!

★ Follow me plz | My EDM Playlist ♪| My Website

Feel free to PM me here !

That wouldn't work I think, since premium accounts can't be used abroad for more than 2 weeks. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Suggested posts