Email Address Changed

Email Address Changed

Music Lover
‎2016-06-06 05:26 PM

Hey guys!

So I recieved an email that my email address had changed to someone that I obviously do not know. I responded to their email at account-details-changed@spotify.com - telling them that I didn't change it and I don't know that email address. My Spotify Family Premium account has been playing music that I don't recognize on a device I don't recognize either.

I use Facebook to login to Spotify and I've since changed that password, however I'm unable to change the email address on my account because it asks for a password. How would someone be able to change it without my knowledge yet I can't change it back, even though I still have access to my account?

So far I haven't recieved any responses from Spotify - I've emailed the account-details-changed@spotify.com, I've emailed the account team, and used the anonymous help request form. Every time I submit a request Spotify website tells me it will respond to the other email address. How does that help me?

What options do I have here, I'd like to avoid cancelling my account and creating a new one, considering I had custom play lists and many songs, but if I have to I will - it's not that big of a deal. Please help :)

5 Replies

Re: Email Address Changed

Rock Star
‎2016-06-08 10:58 PM

Hey @stoneric

I'll escalate this thread to staff to see what they recommend.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

Matt Suda   Community Rock Star
♫ Music keeps my heart beating ♫

Rock Star
‎2016-06-10 12:42 AM

@stoneric

It looks like support has replied to your emails. Are you still having trouble with your account?

Music Lover
‎2016-06-14 02:24 PM

I got it all taken care of, thank you!

Rock Star
‎2016-06-17 11:51 PM

You're welcome!

Highlighted

Music Fan
2 weeks ago

This happened to me just today too.  Someone changed the email address to nadir and a bunch of numbers @ gmail.  I'm able to login through Facebook as well, but since whoever hacked my account changed the password, I'm unable to reset the email address back to the original. 

SUGGESTED POSTS