Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have a huge problem with my account. I am (was) logged in through Facebook. The email address linked to my Spotify is not mine - I have no idea where it came from, therefore I have never received an email from Spotify. I was trying to edit the email address linked to my account and also disconnect my account from Facebook. It said my password was incorrect - I guess I have no idea what the password is to my Spotify hence why I always just login with Facebook. I created a new account with the email I wanted to use to try to transfer everything - didn't work, disconnected from Facebook, in a panic closed out of everything, since the email account associated with my Spotify isn't mine (again, no idea where that came from), I cannot get the email to reset my password. My premium account is now stuck in limbo and I cannot log back in (don't know the password, can't reset it, disconnected from Facebook, can't reconnect to it without the password - Spotify account is inaccessible). Please help!
PS- I CANNOT believe you do not have a phone number I can speak to a real person about this to. Typing this long, drawn out, confusing explanation is F***ing stupid... 

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. You can find some more info here on how to do this.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I stumbled upon the Chat option and was able to get it sorted out with the help of a Spotify customer service rep. Thank you for the tip!

Hey again @user-removed.

I'm so glad to hear things are working again. If you need help with anything else, you can always start up a new thread and the community will be happy to help.

Have a nice day 🙂

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts