Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email address already in use

Solved!

Email address already in use

My doughter has recently cancelled her Spotify account.

After that she got an email asking her if she wanted to reactivate the account, and the activation link was valid for one week.

Now the week has passed (8 days) and she wants to create a new account using her email address.

Unfortunately this is not possible as she gets the following message when trying to create the new account:

"Email already in use"

I thought that after the week had passed the registration email would have been removed form the database so that she could inscribe herself again.

How can i possibly save that problem?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @beccher!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the question. We'll gladly explain some more.

When an account is closed, it's not possible to reactivate it after 7 days have passed, but may take up to 30 days to complete the process of removal.

The email address that your daughter used on the old the account can be registered for a new one 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @beccher!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for the question. We'll gladly explain some more.

When an account is closed, it's not possible to reactivate it after 7 days have passed, but may take up to 30 days to complete the process of removal.

The email address that your daughter used on the old the account can be registered for a new one 14 days after the deletion process has been started.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts