Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email is being used twice

Email is being used twice

I'm not sure how this happened but I have two spotify accounts with the same email. <br>On the app I am able to sign on using my email address. When I went online to buy the PREMIUIM I was only allowed to sign on using my username. I did not know my username and it was not allowing me to use my email address. So I had them send me a reset password. It sent me my username and I reset my password. I signed in bought premium and it didn't show up on my app. So I signed off the app, signed in, this time using my username and it was a completely different profile. It was the first account I've ever made. <br><br>When I logged out on the app I noticed it said the username. I signed onto my other account which actually allows me to put in my email and it just says log out. <br><br>How do I delete the first account and keep my recent one? I'm really pissed off because I just bought the premium and it went to the wrong account. But same email...<br>When I tried to edit my profile it says my email is already in use... WHY COULDN'T THEY NOTIFY ME BEFORE I BOUGHT THE PREMIUM?!!!
1 Reply

You have two completely seperate accounts, one with a Spotify username and a seperate one using Facebook (since logging in with an email address autheticates via Facebook not Spotify). You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get the premium moved onto the correct account for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts