NEXT STEP

Emails saying "Recent Log In"

Emails saying "Recent Log In"

Plan

Free

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 7, Samsung Galaxy J7, MacBook Air)

My Question or Issue

I keep receiving numerous emails that say somebody has logged into my account, with links to reset my password. Most say logged in from United States, but a few have said France or another country, mind you I have never left the US. The first email I recieved I did follow the link and reset my password through it, thinking it was from Spotify and legitimate. However, since then I have realized it's more than likely scam, and have taken the appropriate steps suggested by the real Spotify support page. I have reset my password, logged out everywhere, made sure my Facebook is the only account connected, and have even forwarded the email to the Spotify spoof email account (no reply yet). And I'm still receiving the suspicious emails almost non-stop. I don't feel comfortable or safe at this point. Should I just delete the account and start fresh with a new one? Or will this just happen again?

I have attached a screenshot of one email I've recieved and I believe it's one that says logged in from France. 

<snip - Moderator Edit>

3 Replies

Update: I have gotten a response from Spotify on the spoof email check, they confirmed it was them who sent the emails. They said there's a second profile under my account that I was not aware of, and that's what was taken over and being logged into, and why I was recieving such emails. Their support team has made it so nobody, including myself, can access that profile. So, hopefully things will be good from here! 

HUGE thanks to Spotify, their support team and employees! 

Hey there @marajean48,

Glad to have you on the Community and thanks for sharing this with us!

The security of your account and your personal information is very important for us at Spotify and our security team is ever vigilant to keep them safe for you.

There are also several things you can do yourself to ensure your account is well protected. We recommend you visit this support page to learn how.

Moreover, if you're receiving messages from us, but are unsure whether they are legitimate - head here to find out what to do with suspicious emails.

Hopefully it will not come to this! But should you loose access to your account, be sure to follow the steps on this page. The support team will then help you to secure your account and hand it back to you.

Feel free to reach out to us again, if you're having any concerns.

Take care!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi I am having similar problem now.

Phillipines Belgium. Not sure if it is real.

I have emailed Spotify 

Suggested posts