Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Endless sax guy commercial

Endless sax guy commercial

I don't know where to put this so pardon me if it's in the wrong section.

Anyhow, I have a problem with that everytime i open spotify there's a guy talking about filling out something and someone playing a saxophone in the background. The problem is that there is nothing to fill out so the sax guy just plays endlessly in the background of every song I play, I find this very annoying and I would be happy if you could tell how to fix it.

63 Replies

I have the exact same problem. Browsing for options now, I'll let you know if i find something. >.<

Same problem.. And spotify is not answering e-mails at all

Every time I open Spotify, an ad featuring a jazz song and a man saying something like, "Hi there, to make this story even better, we're going to need some of your personal information, but don't sweat it. We're simply going to use it here, and nowhere else, so have fun" comes on. And when it's done playing, it starts all over again. And all over again. And all over again. I haven't even pressed the play button yet, and if I do, the song I'm about to listen to comes on along with the ad, blending them together. I've tried restarting both Spotify and my computer, but nothing seems to work. Is there any way I can get rid of this problem?

Same here. I cant use spotify at all. i cant eaven hear my own music. just this sax guy....

same happends to me. i have tryed for 2h now to gett it fixed but no luck...

Have the same problem, upgraded the account just to get rid of the Ad's, and have checked that my account is now premium, but the ad's are still playing.

Download the new spotify. That helped for me. i just did it and i havent gott the ad once

Hi guys,

This seems rather unusual. We're looking into it now. We'll keep you updated on any developments.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

same here.... 😞 

same message, and it won't stop by any means.. it doesn't fade away not even when I turn down the volume.

the ad: verdensfinestestillingledig (maybe only on Spotify Norway?)

on Spotify it doesn't show the ad itself, but just a black screen... and the sax music that never ends!

as my topic says, whenever i start a song i get this annoying jazz tune playing, and it goes on replay over and over until i exit spotify. i have an unlimited account, yet this comercial or whatever it is, keeps coming. I've tried to reinstall spotify aswell, but this did nothing. Please help!

Yeah so do I what the **bleep** is that?

just happen to me to right now..don't know what's happening ...very annoying >.<

I have the same problem. Hope its fixed soon.

Im from norway and i also get this annoying commercial. Should i use my Spotify premium code now or wait untill the problem is fixed ?

I'm also from Norway, and I got the exact same problem. Is there a possibility that someone have hacked Spotify?

The guy in the commercial is asking about personal information, mabe its hacked or it's just a bugg! But i hope they fix it soon its starting to piss me off !

Agree!

Got the same thing after spotify updated itself. Endless sax guy taking over spotify..don't think it's a commercial.

What I've also noticed, is that while this sax-guy is playing, a lot of action is happening in the %\AppData\Local\Temp\ folder.

Also, a certain exe file called ~SpUnin~ is being created, together with heaps of folders and spotify temp files.

Note: The "Local Files" tab in spotify seem to trigger the events faster.

I've tried to locate the source of the problem, but it seems to be contained within spotify.exe.

The whole sax guy acts like a virus, also with the "just need some information which is only going to be used here" comment, however none of my virus protection programs are detecting it atm. 

I've got no clue, so im uninstalling spotify till we get some light on the situation.  

(Reinstalling, restarting, fiddeling, didn't remove the sax-guy)

Suggested posts