Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Saturday night (Feb 11th), my Spotify account was wiped clean of all of its contents, stared, folders and etc. I even had to re-sync it to my facebook. This has been extremely frustrating. Can someone help me and tell me why this has happeend?

My Account was Premium and still is Premium, so it is not a case of membership running out. Is there anyway to recover all of my started music and playlists? This has been very frustrating for me. 

33 Replies

Sorry to hear this has gone missing for you, I'm not sure why this would happen - there's no sign of a duplicate account here.

I think I can see your playlists,etc in our system - could you name one of them so I can double check? I'll then try to help you recover them and drop you a message.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I think that one them was Literally Called "Spotify" and i believe another folder was called "*Persian" and i believe a "*Study" and "*Relax" playlist. It would really mean a lot if you could fix this problem for me.

The same thing has happend to me, everything is gone and I was suddently on a free account even thou my credit card is linked and the payment is done automatic.. Strange days..

drtalmood, I've dropped you an email with instructions on how to recover your playlists. Hope that helps.

popjompa - it looks like a duplicate account was made for you during the Facebook integration. Please just try signing in with the username 'popjompa' and your original password - this should bring up your old Premium account with the playlists. Feel free to connect this account to Facebook to stop the same from happening again.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Im in the same boat!! Today spotify wouldnt log in.. I finally got in and my playlists were gone and Im on a free account even though ive already got a premium account..... Ive made a new playlist now but I want to make sure it doesnt happen again... ?

Thealehouse - It looks like you've created a new account. If you log in with your Spotify username 'wildtam' and your Spotify password, you'll access your Premium account. You'll then be able to reconnect Facebook to this account.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Right well it wont let me log in using that username and to top it off I got a msg saying my 48hr trial has now ended about 5 mins ago... I use the account for a playlist at work all day so I clicked the link asking me to setup a premium account (even though I already had one...) but now I have no playlists again.. or atleast I thought I didnt until I logged on using a pc... it seems that now I have a playlist when logged into a pc but not on my iphone or my friends Iphone... confusing stuff... what next ???

Thealehouse - I understand that my colleague, Richard, has been in contact via email. Let us know how it goes.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm having the same issue. I clicked an ad to listen to the Mio playlist which opened up my Firefox and asked me to open the playlist in Spotify, which I did. Then I was logged out and Spotify restarted automatically. When it came back up, it asked me to login. I put in my password and Spotify opened then I got a green browser window that asked me to log in again or choose whether I was new to Spotify. Closing this window logged me out multiple times, so I clicked "I'm new to Spotify" and my playlists are all gone.

Suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!

Mdkaod, I've not been able to find an account other than the one you've signed in with. Did you have a username in the past I can look up? There's no history of playlists on your current account.

My friend recently accessed his spotify through my spotify account. In the process all of my starred tracks and playlists were copied onto his account and when I tried to logout of his profile and log back into mine, all my starred tracks (but not playlists) had gone. Fortunately he's managed to get his songs back but i'm 1600 tunes lighter that I am still unable to recover. Also, im a unlimited subscriber so it's not as if my trial has run out.

@Richard I always logged in with Facebook connect. Is there a way I can PM you the info?

Tezzmeister11, I've managed to recover your tracks and store them in a new playlist here: -snip-

Just open that up and select them all, then star them. Let me know when you've done this and I'll take this down if you like.

Mdkaod, please submit a message through our contact form. To get to this go via About Us (above) > Contact Form. One of our agents will try and help you out with the case asap.

[EDIT: Took out starred tracks link]

Thank you!

Thanks a lot Richard! Everything's back to normal, so you can delete the playlist. Really appreciate it, keep up the good work!

@Richard

Yesterday my spotify shut itself down and when it opened again I had to resync it with facebook again and all my playlists (starred, and anything I made or subscribed to) were gone, along with my list of favorite people and all music in my inbox.  Is there anyway to recover any of this?

Hey Nickelpickle!

It looks like you created a duplicate account. I can also see that you've managed to reconnect your Facebook to your original account, so it should be fine. Are you still having trouble?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

I love how Spotify support keep telling us this all our fault for creating a second account.  Interesting that several hundred of us (possibly more) all unknowingly managed to create second accounts this weekend without even being near our computers isn't it!.  Clearly we are all going mad.  It's obviously all our fault because Spotify still haven't apologised, or said anything on their twitter feeds.  

I have the same problem.

All lists erased and not able to log-in on my Iphone.

Heeeelp!

Suggested posts