Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Erase of everything on my Spotify account

Saturday night (Feb 11th), my Spotify account was wiped clean of all of its contents, stared, folders and etc. I even had to re-sync it to my facebook. This has been extremely frustrating. Can someone help me and tell me why this has happeend?

My Account was Premium and still is Premium, so it is not a case of membership running out. Is there anyway to recover all of my started music and playlists? This has been very frustrating for me. 

33 Replies

Free account here, as I logged in with my facebook details on a new computer, I can't find anything of my old stuff on spotify.
Is it possible to restore the old account?

Andreacevenini - Hey! Can you try logging in with your original username 'andreaceve' and your Spotify password. This should get you to your music. You'll be able to reconnect to Facebook when you're in.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey there,

I too experienced a wipe of my account without actually creating a new account. I have spotify installed on 3 different machines and when I installed on the 4th (mac) it automatically logged me out, then back in, then logged me out again and then i had to login manually again. Then I received an e-mail saying Welcome to Spotify and my account was changed from premium back to free and my playlists and apps were wiped.

Username is my facebook account and I can't find any other username and/or password that I might have received from Spotify.

Are you able to assist?

Thanks,

Mark

I have not recieved any respons to the same probelm and I logged my question previous to the one above that you are helping.

Tried connecting with the only log-in I have without any of my list being available.

When trying to log-in on my Iphone it says I have the wrong password.

I would like this fixed asap.

Thanks in advance.

MarkvonD - Can you try logging in with the username 'allstar83' and your original Spotify password. This will then access the original account.

OsloDavid - Can you log in with your original username 'oslodavid' and your Spotify password. You should then access your Premium and be able to log into your phone.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Fantastic Sam. Excellent support! Smiley Very Happy

Hi,

It appears that I am having the same problem.  It seems my account was de-linked to facebook. I then couldn't log on at all.  Finally able to log in and I see that I've been wiped clean.  Is there anyway to restore my stared and playlists etc.,

Please help!  I LOVE SPOTIFY but this is so whomp whomp!

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

lUISA

Thanks - that worked, but there still seems to be a double account as I for example could not log in to this community using the same Username and also were not able to connect Facebook and Spotify again.

All playlist on my device were offline and had to be synced again.

I am happy for the quick help, but as stated by many other users this is a problem not caused by ourselves so some response not just saying "you seem to have double accounts when logging via Facebook..." as I have never experienced this problem before would be appreciated.

For example: Sorry for messing this up for you and making you spend long time trying to solve something you are actually paying for us to make sure to be working smooth...

Except for that - Spotify is just brilliant!

Ikorpi - Can you log in with the username 'weezy0821' and your Spotify password. This will access your original account and your playlists. Let me know if you have trouble.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Same thing happened to me! Little help?

Hey M_B, welcome to the Community.

Please just try logging in the Spotify desktop client with your username 'existimistic' and connect this to Facebook. Let me know if you have any trouble.

We're looking into the root cause of this issue and trying to make sure it stops happening for people. If you'd like to keep updated just follow our Twitter feed, which I've linked to in my signature below.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I went to access my spotify account today and all my playlists and everything appeared to have gone, so I suspect I am having the same problem. Can I get my playlists and everything back, please?

Wilton

thisiswilton, are you logging in with your original 'thisiswilton' account? Everything appears to be in order there.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

thanks very much for checking this for me. I can't explain why I had a problem.. I went home to a different computer and it worked OK, and then back on this computer it now works OK (I did install a newer version)... but yesterday I couldn't find anything. Doh. User error, I guess... but many thanks for checking. I'm already up and listening again 🙂

Suggested posts