Plan

Free

Country

Device

Desktop and mobile phone

Operating System

Win 10 and Android 5 or 6 idk.

My Question or Issue

So i was starting my Computer this morning was listinging to my playlist then after half an hour I closed the spotify app for the pc. After 4 hours I wanted to listen again to my music and i opened the ap on my pc and it said i need to sign in into my spotify account. So I was like hmm wierd. Anyway I put in my account information and it said it wasn´t matching so i put it again in and it still didn´t work so I got my phone and wanted to look up if i misspelled my account name. But as i opened my phone app I also needed to sign in. So i tried it on my phone. Didn´t work. So I restarted my phone and pc and tried it again. This time on my pc i was getting into my account with the same account information i typed in before. I clicked on play. I was still in a song. But as soon as i clicked on it i got kicked out of my spotify account and it said my username and password weren´t matching. I tried a few more times. And it always said the same thing. So I clicked on the button to reset my password. It said i got the mail so i logged into my mail account. And there wasn´t anything. So i tried it once again clicked on the password reset button waited 5 minutes. Nothing. Then i got onto the internet search in the threads if somebody had the same problem. But nope wasn´t the case. So then i said to me i have to wright you the support. I clicked on open a thread. And I needed to sign me in. I was like you have to be kidding. If i can´t get into my account how am i supposed to get help. So i set up a knew account over my facebook. Which is the same mail as my main spotify account. Got it confirmed. So i knew nothing was wrong on my side with the mail because i got the verifcation mail. And now i am begging for HELP. In my spotify playlist are the best and greatest songs that i need daily. I am sorry if i have any mistakes or mispelling in this thread Englisch isn´t my first language.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

First of all thanks for your reply. I will try to contact the support as detailed as i can. But if someone got into my account wouldn´t i get a mail like someone logged into your account on a new device and a mail were it said my password would have been reset and also my mail was changed. I hope this isn´t the case. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

This is really weird. BTW, you didn't mention your country. Please mention that it allows us to understand and help better. Reading the message you have shared, the two possible things I can think of is either there was some technical issue on Spotify's end, but I don't see any mention of that on the Spotify Status reports. The second possibility is that your account has been hacked. In that case, as you have already said that you tried to do password reset but that didn't help. So, I would highly request you to check out this page: https://support.spotify.com/in/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/
and if that didn't help either, then contact Spotify support directly from here: https://support.spotify.com/in/contact-spotify-anonymous/

When you are visiting these pages, please make sure of 2 things:

1. Scroll to the bottom and select the country as your country.

2. If you are filling out the contact form, provide as many details as you possibly can about your issue. Be as detailed as you possibly can. Mentioned all details including your country.

Hope this helps.

Marked as solution

First of all thanks for your reply. I will try to contact the support as detailed as i can. But if someone got into my account wouldn´t i get a mail like someone logged into your account on a new device and a mail were it said my password would have been reset and also my mail was changed. I hope this isn´t the case. 

You are supposed to get an email for password reset. But I'm not sure why you haven't received it. Have you checked your spam folder? Also as you can understand I don't have access to the Spotify backend to check the logs for your account. That's why I asked you to directly contact Spotify. I'm sure they will look into it and fix this.

The same situation is happening to me, it is very frustrating, have you been able to solve it?

Suggested posts