Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error code 101 and 404

Solved!

Error code 101 and 404

So I've been getting error codes 101 and 404 constantly for the past few months, I can listen to maybe 10 songs if I'm lucky, and then in come the error codes, rendering spotify useless for the rest of the day! 

I've tried every solution I've been given, clean reinstalling, firewall exception, disabling the antivirus, endless restarts, and to no avail. I pay a tenner a month for a program that essentially doesn't work. But I do love spotify and would greatly appreciate help getting it working again. Does anyone have any other solutions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It's hard to be entirely sure with connection errors as there's so many things that can cause them but firewall issues and things along those lines will generally never let you log in or play a track. Because you're seeing error messages inconsistently it does sound more like a provider issue, unfortunately. For what it's worth, Virgin are pretty great. I use them at home and I've never had any kind of connection issues no matter how much I'm streaming.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey Delienn,

Thanks for posting. Firstly, as a workaround so you can access your playlists anytime, feel free to use the web player at play.spotify.com/link. That should work great for you!

In terms of the main issue, is your broadband limited in any way? Sounds like your service provider might have some restrictions in place. Out of curiosity, who are you with - BT, Virgin Media, TalkTalk, etc.?

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the link, unfortunately the web player is also coming up with an error, I'm with Sky, and admittedly their service is quite poor, but I'm changing over to virgin soon, would a poor connection cause these errors?

Marked as solution

It's hard to be entirely sure with connection errors as there's so many things that can cause them but firewall issues and things along those lines will generally never let you log in or play a track. Because you're seeing error messages inconsistently it does sound more like a provider issue, unfortunately. For what it's worth, Virgin are pretty great. I use them at home and I've never had any kind of connection issues no matter how much I'm streaming.

I just went around various friend's houses to test it out, and it seemed to work almost perfectly, and only bombed out once, so I can only assume it's my connection. Thanks for the help Adam, I've been trying to sort this for ages! 

Suggested posts