Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error trying to update credit card number

Solved!

Error trying to update credit card number

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Iphone 6

Operating System

iOS 10

My Question or Issue

I am having troubles to update my credit card number. For some reason every time I insert the new data and submit an error occur, saying that payment failed and that I should try other means for payment. I just received a new credit card and the former one is already cancelled.

An urgent assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Igorgmsouza!

As suggested in the payment troubleshooting help guide please follow these steps :

1. Cancel your subscription
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
    Note: You won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Let me know if it helped 😃

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Igorgmsouza!

As suggested in the payment troubleshooting help guide please follow these steps :

1. Cancel your subscription
  2. Wait for your account to revert to Free. You can check this on your subscription page.
    Note: You won’t lose any music or account settings by reverting to Free, but you will need to redownload anything you’ve made available for offline listening once you’re back on Premium.
  3. Resubscribe to Premium.

Let me know if it helped 😃

Hi there!

I’d also recommend checking out this article for payment troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

OneByBoo 

thanks for your assistance, I will try to one more time before cancelling the subscription. Let's hope it works.

Suggested posts