Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error while claiming 6 months free premium from Xbox

Error while claiming 6 months free premium from Xbox

Hello,

I have just been given a gift from Xbox game pass which includes free 6 months of premium for Spotify. I have a brand new Spotify account and it is saying this offer is not eligible for you.

Is this a common error and any way to fix?

6 Replies

Hi @Tomwiggy,

thanks for reaching out to the community about this !

Could you please mention the country you're trying to subscribe from ?

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hello!

Thanks for the reply.

I am from the UK.

Hi @Tomwiggy,

thanks for answering my question !

I would like to paste the "Eligibility" section of the offer's terms and conditions page of the offer.

This way you'd be able to check it and let me know if by any chance you've already had some steps that might have ruled out your eligibility : 

3. Eligibility.

In order to receive this Premium and Xbox Game Pass 6 Months Free Trial Offer, users must satisfy the conditions listed at 3(A)-(D) below (each an “Eligible User”). You must:

(A). be new to the Spotify Premium Service. If you have subscribed to either the Spotify Premium Service or Unlimited service or have taken a trial or introductory offer previously, you are ineligible for this offer;

(B). purchase an “Xbox Game Pass Ultimate” and/or “Xbox Game Pass for PC” subscription ( each an “Approved Product”);

(C). provide Spotify with a valid and current payment method. Neither prepaid cards nor Spotify gift cards can be used as a valid payment method for this offer; and

(D). pay for your Spotify Premium Service subscription directly to Spotify and not through a third party (e.g., not through a cable or telecommunications provider).

Eligible Users may only redeem the Premium and Xbox Game Pass 6 Months Free Trial Offer once, previous users may not redeem the offer again.

Waiting on your update 🙂

I think i satisfy all the options. It never gave me the option to enter any payment method.

It just said you are not eligible for this offer when i clicked claim.

Any update past that?

Hi @Tomwiggy,

thanks for bearing with me on this one !

Could you please provide screenshots of the error you're getting ?

In the meanwhile, also use this help page to locate all account listed with your details.

Keep me updated 🙂

Suggested posts